Geraldine Van Oord - Food Intolerance & Gut Health Dietitian
Hi there and thanks for stopping by.
My name is Geraldine Van Oord. I'm an Accredited Practising Dietitian who has over 10 years' experience in the health industry.
I currently work in a combination of health coaching, private practice, public speaking and nutrition writing.
The focus of my private practice is in food intolerance management and optimising gut health (did you know all conditions are influenced by the state of your gut?).
I was the first FODMAP trained dietitian by Monash University (the founders of the low FODMAP diet) and I almost work exclusively in helping people with gut issues.
I am also the co-author and co-creator of three online FODMAP programs 'Trust Your Gut', I write articles on the low FODMAP diet, conduct seminars/talks on gut issues and the low FODMAP diet, and am the primary shopper and cook for my household who follow a modified FODMAP diet due to food intolerance.
Additionally, I'm also listed as a FAILSAFE dietitian on The Food Intolerance Network, which means that I am versed in implementing the FAILSAFE or otherwise known as the RPAH Elimination diet for food chemical and artificial additives, preservatives and colours intolerance.
I know first hand how hard it feels to eat well and manage food intolerance so my mission is to provide nutrition advice and support to families with food intolerance to help them thrive and be healthy on any restricted diet that’s medically required.
- Accredited Practising Dietitian & Accredited Nutritionist
- Monash University Low FODMAP Trained Dietitian
- Health Coach
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours - Class 1), 2010
- Professional Certificiate in Medical Nutrition Therapy for Food Allergy & Food Intolerance (undergoing)
- Monash University - Low FODMAP Diet for Dietitians Training Course
- FODMAP Friendly Seminar Series - Low FODMAP Diet in Practice
- Health Coaching Core Training Parts One and Two - Health Change Australia
Professional Memberships & Involvement
- Dietitian & Administrator for the Facebook Support Groups: Low FODMAP Australia, Low FODMAP Recipes & Support, Low FODMAP USA, Low FODMAP Parent Support, Diet vs Disease: Gut Health Support
- Dietitian for the Low FODMAP recipes and support website: A Little Bit Yummy
- Dietitian's Association of Australia (DAA)
- Coeliac Australia